Friday, March 2, 2012

Sipping wine in Cana

Goodness me, we had to draw deeply on our imaginations in Cana and Nazareth. Nevertheless, they were places worth seeing.

The main trade in Cana seemed to be ... Wine, of course!

Some of us preferred the freshly squeezed pomegranate juice from this guy, before moving on (via the ruins of Sepphoris) to Nazareth and the Church of the Annunciation.

There we saw these beautiful stained glass windows.

When this modern church was built in the 60s Catholic churches in many countries contributed mosaics in their own idiom depicting the Virgin Mary to decorate the walls. The Australian one is on the left, the Mexican in the middle, and the Japanese on the right - my favorite because the concept of a cute oriental baby Jesus just makes me smile.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, so please leave me a comment.