Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Jerusalem at last!

It was late in the afternoon when our bus disgorged twelve weary travelers at the Olive Tree Hotel after a journey that had taken us from rolling green hills in the north to desert terrain in the south.

This was my first glimpse of Old Jerusalem from the bus. I never fail to be moved by this view - so much history has gone on here!

Believe it or not, soon after I took that shot the rain came down again.

This was the only remnant we saw of Jerusalem's light snowfall by the time we arrived. Selfishly, I guess, I had looked forward to photographing beautiful Jerusalem with a light dusting of white snow.

That's the romantic view of snow held by those of us who live in places where we never have to experience it's inconveniences ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, so please leave me a comment.