I know many of you, my readers, love reading as much as I do, so here’s a heads up on a brand new TV book show – For the Love of Books – starting on the pay TV STUDIO Channel at 8.30pm on Monday 23 April.
Yet another TV book show? Trust me, I’ve seen the pilot and I know you’ll love it.
What sets this one apart?
* The episodes are short and punchy, entertaining and full of book recommendations, with no words wasted on airy pontifications.
* Not only are the hosts, Cheryl Akle, Michael Campbell and Lachlan Jobbins, frankly passionate about books, but together they have many years of industry experience.
* There is a warm, positive feel to the conversation, and plenty of humour, even when the hosts disagree (and they often do).
* The intimate set, which could be your neighbourhood coffee shop, makes you feel you’re the fourth at a table of good friends. Hint: make yourself a latte before the show starts
* I know one of the hosts rather well, in fact I’m proud to say I put his first book into his chubby little hands a few decades ago. He has a pretty good face for TV too. Just sayin’.
If you can’t get STUDIO on your TV, worry not my friends. I think episodes of For the Love of Books are going to be made available on You Tube. I’ll keep you posted