Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Happy Birthday, Linda!

bdayct

Happy Birthday to you!

Happy Birthday to you!

Happy Birthday, dear Linda!

Happy Birthday to you!

cup-cake

Our very dear friend, Linda Hungerford, is having a very special birthday today – her 60th (though you’d never know it to look at her!).

Linda H

From the day I met first Linda, on a visit to Sydney, I knew we would be firm friends. We met in the morning for coffee and a chat, but morning coffee stretched on and on into the afternoon without either of us realising, and we parted around 3 o’clock having discovered we had so much in common.

IMG_0226

When she returned Down Under later in the year Linda agreed to teach a Stitchin’ Mission at our church here in Sydney, so far the only Stitchin’ Mission ever held outside the States, and the very successful St Mark’s Quilters grew out of this.

 Linda 2

Di B and I (otherwise known as Team Di), as co-ordinators of St Mark’s Quilters, thank the Lord for bringing this generous, compassionate Iowan (now a Floridian) into our circle of treasured friends. She continues to encourage St Mark’s Quilters and I count her as one of my closest friends.

Linda should be partying like only those of us who’ve hit the Big Six Oh know how, but instead she’s chomping into a pit in life’s bowl of cherries.

Two weeks ago she was diagnosed with breast cancer.

Why don’t you pop on over to her blog and let Linda tell you in her own words what she’s feeling. I’ll just say she’s an inspiration.

Then please join Di B and me in asking God to wrap his loving arms around her, give her peace and completely restore her health.

KU_067

{And let’s stuff her Inbox with more birthday wishes than she ever thought possible}

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LINDA, from TEAM DI

Balloons

Red rose Di

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I have goosebumps!! I'm going to go wish her a Happy Birthday RIGHT NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful Di J, you are so cleaver and so thoughtful when putting your blog together. Linda is one of the most inspirational ladies I have even known and I treasure her friendship, her faith, her love for her family, friends, and the community. I know our Lord will wrap his arms around her during this treatment she is about to undertake, and will lay his healing hand on our super special and much loved friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Di thanks for sharing this with us all - will put Linda on my prayer list. Hugs, Denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for introducing all of us to Linda. I am excited to be able to follow such a wonderful person here online!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Juat getting around to reading this week's blog posts. I hadn't known it was Linda's birthday and was all ready to send her an email when I read the rest of her news. Oh, Di, what a shock!I will definitely add her to my prayer list. Even though I have never met her in person, I have interacted with her thru our blogs and via emails. She is a dear cyber friend to me. Off to read her blog, then email her....

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, so please leave me a comment.