Saturday, February 18, 2012

Gillian’s Doll's House

At St Mark’s Quilters we’re always interested in seeing the other projects everyone’s working on when they’re not making beautiful Blankets of Love. Last week Gillian brought along a cute little embroidered wall-hanging she made for her granddaughter, Brooke.
IMG_0330
To me, the most intriguing part was seeing the pigtails, bunches, plaits and curly hair in 3 dimension on those figures.
IMG_0332
IMG_0335
However it was this finished piece that had us all enthralled.
IMG_0393
- a fold-up fabric doll’s house.
Here it is open, showing the bedroom.
IMG_0394
And here folded flat for packing and taking.
IMG_0395
IMG_0399
The lounge room.
IMG_0397
The bathroom, complete with mirror. Look at those tiny bead “bubbles” floating over the bath.
IMG_0396
The kitchen, complete with clock on the wall.
This little doll’s house appealed to the “little girl” in all of us.
Di

12 comments:

  1. That little house is very cute! I'm wondering if it a pattern by a NZ quilter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pattern is The Dolls House, by Jane Coughlin

      Delete
  2. these are about the cutest things I have ever seen.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt and the doll's house are beautiful! Do you know where to get the pattern for the doll's house?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - the doll house is truly amazing. But since I'm an embroidery lover the small quilt really caught my eye. You've got some really talented quilters! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the fold-up doll house. Is it a commercial pattern?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pattern is the Doll's House, by Jane Coughlin

      Delete
  6. Oh wow! That doll house is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute! Is it stable when opened? If so, how can I make it stable too? I am afraid of the walls falling apart!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am going to figure out how to crochet this........

    ReplyDelete
  9. I made this for my granddaughter. It is Pippa's house. I made Pippa to go with it but changed the hair to suit. There is also a quilt which I made in the same fabrics

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loveeeee this dollhouse, my first attemptvwas not very good but I made it. Thank you from Brasil

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, so please leave me a comment.