Thursday, December 17, 2009

Quilts from afar


You can always count on Jenny Bowker's blog for inspirational photos and lyrical writing, but if you ever plan to visit Cairo you simply must bookmark her post for today.


I was fortunate enough to have Jenny take me to the Tentmakers' Souk in Cairo a few years ago, a particularly exciting experience for a quiltmaker! Then when she brought an exhibition of these wondrous applique quilts out to Australia in 2007 I simply had to fly to the AQC in Melbourne to see them.


When you've read Jenny's post, you might like to read about my impressions here.


Such skilled hands!









1 comment:

  1. These are amazing! Thanks for sharing Jenny's blog, and then your own experiences, almost three years ago. What wonderful sights to see. How fortunate for you that you have your own visual reminder of your time there. This is great stuff, Di!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, so please leave me a comment.