Sunday, December 20, 2009

Didn’t you have a quilt to finish?

...I hear you asking. 

Well yes, I did have a binding to stitch down on our 50th Stitchin’ Mission quilt by today, so in theory I ought to have been home watching TV and sewing, not hobnobbing with the likes of the Wiggles, Kate Ceberano, Christine Anu and Georgie Parker - but where there’s a will there’s a way. 

20 pre-threaded needles and a booklight later, here I am being oh so industrious at Carols in the Domain.IMG_2583 It’s amazing how much clarity a booklight tucked into one’s waistband can shed on the situation.  I managed to finish just as the fireworks marked the finale!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Di! This is ingenuity at its very best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're SO dedicated! It's great to see your devotion to finishing mission quilts. And OD is obviously enjoying seeing you hard at work! Loved seeing both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh dear I would love to know what the people around you thought.....good on you.
    I used to have a dispensation to sew quilts of love (just buttonhole stitch) in board meetings. It took my focus off the pain of sitting.
    I am eventually doing the Gail Pan Christmas ones now and am finding it so relaxing to sew in front of TV again.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, so please leave me a comment.