Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Circles of Life

Take these delicious fabrics (add a few extras from your stash to spice things up a little).

IMG_0383

Blend with these pretty threads.

IMG_0442

Add in the delightful new online quilting and embroidery magazine, Elefantz Home, from Jenny of Elefantz, and you’ll have all the ingredients for a beautiful new Block of the Month quilt, Circles of Life.

IMG_0759

I’ve never dome a BOM before, and I really shouldn’t start another quilt Smile but the first time I saw Jenny’s quilt (in Issue 1 of Elefantz Home) I fell in love with its freshness and references to the significant “circles” in our lives.

IMG_0494

You can subscribe to Elefantz Home here for just AUD4.00 a month and receive at least 3 of Jenny’s patterns every month in your inbox, or buy the BOM block patterns alone from Jenny’s Etsy shop where you can also buy back issues of the magazine.

IMG_0499

A large part of my attraction to Circles of Life was Jenny’s fabric choice – Fresh Palette by Carrie Nelson for Henry Glass – but when I went Googling I became increasingly more desperate as shop after shop had sold out. It seems I wasn’t the only quilter to have fallen in love with Fresh Palette.

I eventually tracked down my fabrics at the appropriately named Desperate Quilters.

IMG_0388

They couldn’t have been friendlier, especially when my credit card was initially declined. (Note to self: Don’t order fabric on the internet at 2am when you’re past typing straight *lol*).

IMG_0760

I’ve pulled several extra fabrics from my stash, and I’m more than happy with the result so far. This summery look is brightening my winter days. Would you like to join me?

You’ll have to wait to see my second completed block, Circle of Friendship, next time Winking smile

Di

2 comments:

I love to hear from you, so please leave me a comment.