Monday, October 11, 2010

Goodbye

Dad's 85th Birthday 2048x1536

Yesterday I lost the best father I could ever have wished for.

We had been gradually losing him over the last few years as Alzheimers took its grim toll, but he still knew us all and took enormous pleasure in family gatherings.

It was sudden. We thought we would have him longer, but our loving God had a better plan and he didn’t have to suffer any more.

He was the gentlest of men, and a gentleman, generous and thoughtful of others - and I loved him.

Goodbye, Daddy.

6 comments:

  1. Oh Di I'm so sorry. Our thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely looking man. I can see where you got your beautiful smile from, Di. :) Hugs and blessings to you and your family. It's always hard to lose a loved one, even if it is an end to their suffering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very sorry to hear your news.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Di

    My deepest sympathy to you and your family. Quilty hugs from across the ditch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry di...he looked like such a lovely man.

    now i know where you get your good looks and lovely personality.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Di I'm so very sorry. God is indeed good but you will miss him so much. I bet he's laughing in Heaven just like he was in that wonderful picture. blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, so please leave me a comment.