Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Lights, camera, action!

I've just seen how many lovely readers have visited my blog looking for an update while I've been temporarily distracted by Life this past 10 days or so, and I'm feeling very guilty indeed. However sometimes the fine balance that is work/blog/create/live as part of a family tilts in one direction, (and rightly so), and the caring thing is to go with it.

As usual, though, my camera has always been at hand, and today I'd like to share with you some photos I took when we hopped on a ferry on Monday night to visit the Vivid Sydney festival in the city. It was worth braving the bone-chilling cold weather ... brrrrr...

There's a little more fuzziness in some shots than I would have liked, since I left my trusty Gorillapod at home. The monster Gorillapod in this photo actually belongs to my brother (as does the DSLR camera, lucky duck!) and mine is the "little brother" model, but it's just as versatile for taking time delay shots, or night photos like those I was trying to capture on this occasion.

Instead I had to rely on the strong shoulder gallantly offered by my dear husband to steady my camera.

It might take a few seconds to start, so please sit tight and - Let the show begin!


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This slideshow personalized with Smilebox

1 comment:

  1. Very, very neat, Di! I DOES take quite a while to download and display, but your photos, and the whole concept, is breath-taking. How wonderful it would have been to see in person.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, so please leave me a comment.