Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Happy the bride that the sun shines on

The Lord couldn’t have given us a more perfect day for the wedding of my son Ben and his bride Sunny yesterday.

The sun shone brightly on an unseasonably warm winter’s day, and Moo and I had decorated the church with sunshine yellow gerberas, lilies and daffodils.

IMG_9072

The church bells rang out across the neighbourhood and cars slowed to see the beautiful bride and her attendants walking the short distance from our home to the church for a 1pm wedding.

IMG_9117

Just as the Princess’s drawing had promised, love was definitely in the air as her Mummy and Daddy were finally married at St Mark’s.

1-Top.bmp

 

IMG_9109

That’s the groom below with his groomsmen. He’s the very relaxed-looking young man wearing the white tie .

IMG_9099

I created a romantic garland for the arched church entrance.

IMG_9074

 

IMG_9075

The ceremony was so moving. Sunny started it: once she began to cry happy tears I couldn’t help mine, and I doubt there was a dry eye in the church as they took their vows.

IMG_9141

IMG_9150

But the tears gave way to smiles and applause as the newlyweds emerged after signing the register.

IMG_9155

More to come Be right back

Di

4 comments:

  1. :) What a happy time! I'm so glad you got a gorgeous day for his wedding. That garland adds the perfect touch of beauty to the doorway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely wedding! Congratulations and best wishes to the happy couple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful. How old is the princess? That is a VERY sophisticated drawing. She has talent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praise the Lord. I wish them all the blessings of Psalm 128 - my favourite marriage psalm.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, so please leave me a comment.