Sunday, December 19, 2010

A very special memory quilt

Though my Monday Paddington Quilters group is in recess for the summer I thought I’d show you some more of their beautiful work - this time a quilt made by Desley for a friend of hers whose little boy, John, lost his battle with cancer earlier this year.Paddo's quilters 11.10 001 Little John’s mother gave Desley a portfolio of paintings and little notes he had written when he was alive and, with some guidance from Di B, Desley printed these out on Printed Treasures fabric and incorporated them into her quilt.Paddo's quilters 11.10 002 In his short life John touched many people.Paddo's quilters 11.10 003 His quirky paintings and sketches of birds are everywhere on the quilt, but this is the block that really melts my heart.Paddo's quilters 11.10 004 What a heartwarming note for John’s mother to treasure – and what a generous gift from Desley to her friend.

1 comment:

I love to hear from you, so please leave me a comment.