Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Access all areas

Our outdoor Carols in the Domain in Sydney is one of those annual traditions I hold dear, not least because it’s run by my friend Robyn Hobbs who has raised millions of dollars for the Salvation Army over the years.

Every year Robyn invites a small number of friends (including our little Princess and her parents) to enjoy the concert with the benefits of VIP reserved seating, and before-and after-show refreshments, usually on a balmy summer evening.

Princess

This year was just a little more special for me because it was the 30th Carols in the Domain and Robyn asked me to take photos of the evening with her new iPad so she would have her own personal souvenir slideshow of the night. Look at my title for the night!

  IMG_0526

Clothed in a very brief authority indeed – a serious photographer would have used a DSLR instead of an iPad Be right back - I was able to go backstage and take photos of performers like the Wiggles and Captain Feathersword with the Princess.

photo

When Robyn took to the stage with her short message about the real meaning of Christmas, and dedicated this year’s show to her mother Betty and my husband Boak, both of whom passed away this year, I was behind her capturing part of the amazing 100,000 strong crowd.

IMG_0435 

IMG_0440

 

IMG_0436

I was able to take photos of the performers from right in front of the stage. That’s Robyn in blue, standing behind Georgie Parker, Jay Laga’aia and Santa Claus during the exciting finale.IMG_0463

And as always the fireworks were spectacular!

IMG_0455

Well done, Robyn!

Red rose  Di

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Robyn. I have long thought the Sydney carols superior to those telecast on Christmas Eve -- mostly because the performers come on, sing a Christmas related song, and leave without all the "waffling" that went on with last night's show.

    How wonderful for your little princess to have her photo taken with The Wiggles at their last ever television performance!

    I hope you are having a wonderful, peaceful, love-filled day. It must be quite difficult for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness.......I can't being to imagine how much organising that would take. That Princess sure is a cute one, isn't she? Hang onto that picture of her with The Wiggles, because soon they will be no more and it might be worth huge megabucks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas Di,I have been thinking of you today and sending love to help you through your first christmas without your darling man. Hoping that the day has not been too hard for you. KNow you are in my thoughts, hugs Deb xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful evening it was for you! It looks like a fabulous experience. And that IPad takes some amazing photos... or perhaps it's due to the amazing photographer. Very well done, Di! I hope Christmas was nice for you. Many blessings.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, so please leave me a comment.