Monday, April 30, 2012

Finally … the Flaunts!

I had to twist some arms among the English Quilters at our April get-together to capture these photos of their inspiring work.

Rae’s flourishing Grandmother’s Garden quilt-in-progress.

Rae's Hexies2

Lyn’s two wonderfully scrappy charity quilts –  one a Disappearing Four Patch, from Linda’s tutorial.

Lyn's Disappearing Four Patch

Robbie's Scrap Quilt

Gail’s beautifully tactile Angel quilt for her granddaughter.

Gail and Quilt2

How are these for curly locks? Simple raggy strips do the job perfectly.

Gail's Quilt detail

Finally, Jill’s finished Deauville Quilt from a pattern by Chris Jurd published in Quilters Companion last year.

IMG_7946

IMG_7947

Hand appliqueed and hand quilted, this ambitious quilt has taken Jill a whole year, but I think it was well worth the effort.

IMG_7929

She deserves to be proud of this one!

IMG_7928

Such creativity feeds my spirit!

Di

2 comments:

  1. Rae's hexagons are amazing! Cute quilt with little girl locks. And Deauville is spectacular! Jill should be very proud of it. Lots of beautiful handwork, and it shows! I love Lyn's quilts too. That's a Disappearing NINE Patch, and it's great. I haven't seen a D9P I don't love. Thanks for sharing these yummies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely quilts. Thank you for the Show & Tell

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, so please leave me a comment.