Monday, August 4, 2008

Snow in Sydney? (once more, with feeling!)

On Sunday 27th July it snowed at East Lindfield. Just ask the children who threw snowballs, built snowmen and snow-surfed down the street on their boogie boards.

This is the 3rd time I've tried to post these pictures that I took shortly after the freak dump - each time all that my blog has displayed are those irritating little red crosses!

I blame those boffins at the Bureau of Meteorology, who are being decidedly dark about what we all know was a historic weather event in Sydney. They're insisting it was not snow, but "soft hail". Is this being a wet (and cold) blanket, or what?

So, that's my little conspiracy theory for the day, and with tongue planted firmly in cheek and fingers crossed, I'm giving it one last shot. Hoping my photos will be allowed through this time!




Those in the know say that for this white stuff to be called snow it must stick to the branches of trees. Well, folks, get out your specs and take a close look at this magnolia and you'll see it!

1 comment:

  1. If "soft hail" fell in the Snowy, I'm sure it would be called snow! What is the difference? They're both soft, cold and wet, and made from frozen water, and both create a blanket of white!
    Maybe what it really was, was hard snow! LOL

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, so please leave me a comment.