Monday, August 18, 2008

The Italian Job - another block finished


After a 10 month spell 'resting' in a box while I worked on other quilts, The Italian Job is once again seeing the light of day. With only 4 more blocks to complete I hope to have it stitched together pronto!

If you don't already know about this project of mine take a look at my previous entries describing this quilt under tag "The Italian Job".

Basically, I'm stitching together memories of a fabulous trip to Italy at this time last year, with embroideries created from photos I took. I've selected design elements from buildings, as well as objects that were quintessentially summer in Italy, and as I work on it again the memories of Rome, Palermo, Taormina, San Gimignano and Assisi come flooding back.

This latest block shows an arched window from a building in Palermo, demonstrating the very strong Moorish influence in that city's historic architecture.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, so please leave me a comment.