Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Life's Little Mysteries #3

"Detective Di" has been on the job again! Here's the latest mystery package left at my front gate - a super-sized sports bag. The mystery lies not in what it contains - a full set of hockey gear, pads, face protection and crash helmet etc (sans name labels) - but in why it's still here 24 hours after I first spotted it.

Surely, if you were hauling this hulking great kit bag around you'd pretty easily realise when you stopped hauling it, wouldn't you?

I've phoned the school next door, where I think the owner probably goes (the girls are picked up after school by their parents outside my home), but the receptionist simply sighed and remarked on the scattiness of young people. With no name, she said, she could do nothing.

So here it sits, just inside my gate for safety, while I hope its owner will soon realise her/his loss and come to claim it.

... or I could take up hockey. After all, I have all the gear.

Late Note: I've just found a zippered package of pencils, pens and calculator on the front fence. No name again. I'm well on my way to a garage sale!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

I love to hear from you, so please leave me a comment.