Life, in all its richness, has temporarily intruded on my blogging time and before I continue I'm going to break the number one rule for bloggers and apologise for the hiatus.
What could possibly have taken my attention all this time? Well, here's the thing.
* Admiring Princess 1 when she became the first member of our family to sing on stage at the Sydney Opera House, as part of the huge combined choir performing at the Ryde Schools' Spectacular. I was so proud of her!
* Appreciating the magnificent star jasmine vines and purple jacaranda trees that brighten Sydney at this time of year.
This is our local barbecue area, and general neighbourhood meet-up spot.
I felt very honoured that the City of Sydney chose to share, in its Instagram feed, this photo I took of jacaranda "snow" on a Zetland street.
Tote Park, Zetland.
The Memorial Garden at St Mark's, Darling Point.
* Cultivating my tiny balcony garden, and enjoying the small patches of early summer colour from my bougainvillea, diplodenias, lavender and convolvulus.
* Photographing some of the dramatic storm fronts that sweep into Sydney at this time of the year. From my balcony I get a spectacular view of the thunderous clouds, and sometimes even a spectacular light show!
* Attending a small 50 year school reunion of Sydney Girls' High leavers. My cohort has never been keen on large, formal reunions (we waited 30 years before we had the one I organised), so there was something warm and comfortable about this meet-up of around sixteen of us for lunch at the Chiswick Restaurant at the Art Gallery.
* Stitching this set of latte coloured mug mates for a friend to give her daughter-in-law.
...and these as Christmas gifts for some friends.
... and these softies for Anglicare's Toys 'n'Tucker Christmas appeal.
... and quietly making progress with the hand quilting on this special quilt I'm finishing on a friend's behalf.
* Finally - and most importantly - I've been treasuring the opportunities I get to spend with my other two grandchildren, Mr J and his new baby sister Princess 2.