Sunday, January 16, 2011

It’s only a little thing…

But then, every little bit counts :-))

Not having any new quilts or other large crafty items at hand to auction, but feeling compelled to get on board the Make It Perfect QLD Flood Appeal Auctions, I’ve spent the last couple of days creating this little lady.

Meet Stella the sock monkey.
IMG_8803
She hasn’t been around for long but already it’s plain to see she has star quality!

IMG_8809
  
Stella is made from a pair of brand new socks (acrylic, nylon and elastane) and stuffed with new polyester toy stuffing.


In case she ends up travelling to somewhere where it’s a little chilly at the moment I’ve made her a little felt jacket (with a felt star on the front, so she won’t forget her name).

IMG_8802

Her eyes are made of felt so there are no buttons to be a danger to a baby, and Stella loves an occasional beauty bath (obviously without her jacket!).

IMG_8797

Stella’s vital statistics?  From the top of her head to the tip of her starry-covered tail she measures 15 inches, and from the top of her head to her twinkle-toes she measures 11 inches.

* * * * *
Here’s how this auction works: 

1.  Bidding will start at $10 (Australian).
2.  You can place a bid by leaving a comment on this blog post with your bid amount and email address.  Please make sure that your bid is higher than the previous bidder.  
3.  Your bid must be in whole dollar increments.
4.  This auction is open to everyone, however International winners will be asked to pay half the cost of postage to their part of the world (I'll pay the other half).  Postage is FREE for Australian residents.
5.  The auction begins NOW and will END at 9.00pm (Australian Eastern Summer Time) on Monday 24th January 2011.
6.  At the close of the auction, I will contact the winner (please make sure your bid comment or your blog profile includes your email address).  The winner will pay the winning amount directly into the Premier's Flood Relief Appeal and send me proof of payment via email (they will email your receipt to you).  Once proof of payment has been received, I will post Stella to you.
7.  Thank you for participating - and happy bidding!
* * * * *

10 comments:

  1. I'll start the bidding, Di. :) $12

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is gorgeous Di. I'll happily bid $20. bec lidden

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Di, I will bid $30.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Di, just wonderful. I bid $50
    (the other) Di

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a super gorgeous sock monkey, star power for sure, stellar sewing!! Love Posie
    Ooopppsss $51 for my bid, nearly forgot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in love with Stella and know a little person who would also really love her. Up my bid to $55 (the other) Di

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooh Di, there is good competition for little Stella. I'll bid $65. bec lidden

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done Bec Lidden. I hope you look after dear Stella and give her a good life - she deserves it. (the other) Di

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, so please leave me a comment.