Friday, November 13, 2009

Showing and Telling

What inspiring quilting buddies I have!  After our monthly quilting get-togethers it seems I’m always resolving to find more hours in my day to create beautiful quilts like theirs.  It doesn’t happen.  Perhaps I’m destined to be one of those people we schoolteachers used to call a “plodder” lol.

You might enjoy some eye candy from our gathering today.

Here’s Rae adding the final few stitches to her version of the Sarah Evans quilt, entirely hand appliqueed and hand quilted. Kim McLean wrote the pattern for the reproduction of this historic Australian quilt, and it’s in The Fabric of Society.  This is only Rae’s fourth quilt, but she’s a natural!

IMG_1963

And this is Wendi’s version, with feature blocks inspired by William Morris.IMG_1971IMG_1973

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, so please leave me a comment.