…to start work on the next border of my Snowflake Medallion quilt. Here’s my central medallion, all ready for the next step. Linda has already posted a picture of her central medallion, looking all modern and vibrant in dotty purples and greens, and I have (more than) a little catching up to do.
My applique is a little lumpy and bumpy, but I’m enjoying the process and trying not to become too anxious about every tiny curve. As always, I’m going for overall effect (frantically rationalising here). I’ve tried many applique techniques over the years, with varying degrees of success. This time Linda and I are using the back-basting method which certainly cuts down on the preparation and is generally working for me.
When I’ve completed the quilt I’ll let you know if it’s my new method of choice – the jury’s still out on that one.
[If you’d like to join in the fun of “It’s Tuesday and I can’t wait…” pop over to ButtonsByLouLou where you’ll find the rules, as well as a list of all the bloggers who are playing.]