Monday, September 1, 2008

David Jones Flower Show

Today is officially the first day of spring, and the first day, too, of the annual flower display on the ground floor of David Jones' city department store in Elizabeth Street. This year's theme is "The Carnival of Colour" and in the style of the Rio Carnival the flowers are colourful and the arrangements dramatic.

It's interesting to observe how the look has changed over the years. I recall cottage garden flowers in soft, spring shades of pink, blue and yellow which I loved, and while I can appreciate the beauty of today's more structural creations I would love to see a return to the prettiness of the earlier years.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Di, they are lovely flowers... are you coming down for Floriade? It starts soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a relative newcomer to Aussie, I didn't know DJ did a flower display, so thanks for the tip! Brilliant photos too, btw.

    Ava Semerau author of And God Was Pleased: Biblical Principles for Creating Christian Success

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, so please leave me a comment.