Tuesday, August 18, 2009

It’s Tuesday and I can’t wait

…to see an angel at work today.  

                            5CAR0HFYPCA42ONERCAOLMVO2CAZYKBFQCAY44NTVCAKBPOXRCA1K2FPUCAWAQJZDCAB0460QCAB8STASCA915HLLCAEA1XIKCA13FLNQCAQKACABCA5IXUDMCA7AQUFYCASZJXFMCA2MMFMVCADWFZ0ICADIC87J

Marlene’s thoughtful post about meeting angels in our everyday life warmed my heart and set me thinking back over the last few days. I realised I’d had several angel encounters, but in the busyness of life they’d passed me by so fleetingly and I hadn’t appreciated their significance.

The beautiful woman who complimented me on my hair at a social function where I was feeling out of my depth and lonely.  My little granddaughter who hugged me so closely.  My DH who brought me breakfast on a tray.  A dear friend who has taken on board my enthusiasm for a new project.

Who knows how many I’ve missed?  We all have, I’m sure.

Have you taken the time to be an angel to someone lately?  I know I need to be more sensitive to these opportunities.  Years ago, when we paid our bridge toll with actual coins I would often give the toll-man extra to pay for the driver in the car behind me.

A dear friend used to say “Expect a miracle every day”.  You may prefer to call them Random Acts of Kindness, but whatever label we put on them I believe they are God’s way of reminding us that he always has his hand gently on us.

God’s angels are at work and miracles do happen – but we need to be actively looking for them.

[To see more bloggers taking part in It’s Tuesday and I can’t Wait, go here.]

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the beautiful reminder... you and Marlene. I'm glad it's the start of another new day so I can be an Angel to someone else today. Even if it's nothing more than calling someone I haven't seen for a long time, to ask them how they are. I appreciate again being reminded to be kind, and notice kindnesses. How easy it is to forget.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last week I came upon an angel on the other side of the counter at Lowes. As I handed over my Teacher's Credit Card to the complete stranger who was handling my transaction she suddenly looked up at me and said "Thank you so much for what you do". Teachers very rarely get thanked for the hours of work they put in (mostly behind the scenes)and I was so touched by her kind gesture. Later that day I was given the opportunity to be an angel for somebody else.A checkout operator in Woolworths was being mightily bullied by a customer who should have stayed in bed for the day.As the operator moved on to serve me she was still visibly upset by the encounter but continued to do her job with the utmost courtesy.I was grateful to be given the chance to pass on the words that an angel had given me earlier and was able to leave her with a smile in my wake! I hope she felt needed in her job for the rest of the day.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, so please leave me a comment.