Sunday, July 27, 2008

Snow at East Lindfield!

Pennie has written about the freak Lindfield snowfall on her blog tonight, posting photos her son took, and I saw it myself this afternoon - a glorious white blanket!

I was on my way to visit my parents and when I arrived I was able to show them these photos , and more, that I had taken on my way to their street.

In some streets children were throwing snowballs and "surfing" on boogie boards - great excitement. But some streets where quiet and my car was one of the few that had passed through, leaving tracks in the icy cover.
I loved the contrast of the delicate flowering magnolia with its pristine white carpet, against the leaden sky.
Here is my parents' driveway before I made tracks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, so please leave me a comment.